Friday, November 21, 2008

Success...

In my last post I mentioned the opportunity to help making a connection to an American relative for a gentleman from Norway.

Arthur, who lives in Trondheim, Norway contacted me to ask if I could help locate some relatives that may be lving in the Seattle area. I began searching for records, and he furnished me with some facts to guide the search. I located some old immigration records, census records, and a newspaper obituary that pointed to a man named Dean.

After searching telephone listings, I decided to give Dean a call to see if he was the person we were looking for. When a woman picked up the phone on the other end, I was quick to let her know that I was not some sort of telemarketer and that I was an OK guy. I explained the reason for my call, and that I was hoping to connect their family with relatives in Norway. Her husband, Dean, was not at home, but she was sure that he would be excited and return my call soon.

The next morning, I recieved a call from Dean, who was excited to learn the news, and was looking forward to hearing from Arthur.

It is exciting to have the opportunity to help another, as I've learned that helping oneanother is a big part of genealogy.

No comments: