Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An opportunity to help...

I've made contact with a relative living in Trondheim, Norway. His grandfather was my great grandfather's brother. We've exchanged e-mail messages and sent photos to one another, and I look forward to learning more history of the family from him.

I never would have located him if it weren't for my other new relative Petter, who made the connection. I am truly grateful to all of the people I have encountered through this project, and have been amazed at how generous people can be with their time.

I had hoped that perhaps someday I would be able to help someone locate American relatives.

Such an opportunity arose when I was contacted by a gentleman in Norway with relatives most likely living in the Seattle area. Supposedly some of his ancestors came to America and settled in the Poulsbo area. I've done a bit of checking, and found some records that will hopefully lead to some living relatives.

No comments: